Post 5:Pod 3——Peer Review

On June 18, 2021 by ainijiang With 0 Comments – Uncategorised

This is a link to the interactive learning resources for Pod 3:
http://smartphotography.online/

Thanks for your group creating a website on how to learn photography. The site was easy to understand, I felt it was almost like the brightspace we use to study now, the categories were very clear and concise and when I first entered the site I could get an idea of what you wanted to teach in the course.

First of all, your navigation bar summarizes the weekly knowledge points, so I know how to allocate my study time each week in a concise description, and you have corresponding assignments in each topic, which I think is a very practical way for you to let students consolidate and review what they have learned by doing the assignments, which can make them better grasp what they have learned.

The second point is that you use a flipped-classroom approach, where students are asked to study in advance at home by reading articles and videos, and then bring questions to class to ask and practice. I think this is a very effective way to learn. Not only does it help students learn, but it also allows them to ask questions of the teacher to understand what they haven’t fully grasped. With the teacher’s answers, they can have a more complete grasp of what they didn’t fully grasp when they flipped their learning at home. The flipped classroom approach allows students to learn in their own way and at their own pace, and the flipped classroom approach allows students the freedom to schedule their study time, which is much freer for them.

The third thing that I think is great is that this course is an introductory course and uses direct instruction to teach the basics of photography to language students and intermediate and advanced users. The use of captioned media in your approach allows language students to better understand the course content through video. For language students, many media videos without captions may take too much time for them to understand the language and thus take more time to master the course.

The last point is that I think the structure of your entire subject is very clear. Students can clearly understand what they need to do at certain times, for example, they can do the first assignment during the first topic to consolidate their knowledge. You also provide a lot of space for discussion in the study outline, so students can ask questions to the teacher and evaluate the course in the discussion forum. This is very effective for both teachers and students. This collaborative learning approach allows teachers to have a clearer understanding of students’ learning status and allows students to seek feedback from the teacher whenever they have questions, and teachers can effectively understand students’ problems. But one question I have is, how long does this course take to complete?
Finally, I think the design of your course is very clear and interesting. It is a great interactive learning resource. Your clear logic and layout made it very clear for me to learn how to make a good teaching outline