Post 1 Different study experience between two countries (behaviorism, cognitivism, and constructivism).

Before I came to Canada to study language courses, my high school and previous courses were all completed in China. But when I came to Canada, I found that the two countries used completely different education methods to educate students.
Teachers in Canada often use constructivism and behaviorism to enable students to learn knowledge. The teaching method of Canadian teachers is a kind of trial education. Let the students try and experience first, find difficult points in the experience to accumulate experience, and finally, conclude. The final kind of conclusion is the result of my research. In many of my professional courses, the teacher will ask students to write a research paper, but the teacher does not fix the topic, the students can have their ideas to choose the content they want to research and then communicate with the teacher. After the teacher knows the student’s topic, he will use a series of step-by-step processes to guide the student and narrow the scope of the research until the student determines the specific topic he wants to write. Teachers can improve their analytical thinking in this way. They can use their way of understanding to analyze problems instead of relying on the teacher to give them answers.
In China, teachers use cognitivism more often. Chinese-style education is a kind of indoctrination education. It tells students the successful experience of others and allows students to operate according to their existing experience. They lack the process of their practice. Most of the students learn and practice under the guidance of experience. In this case, it is often difficult for students to get their theories, and it is also difficult for students to break out of a fixed model and lack an innovative spirit. And when Chinese students are learning knowledge, teachers expect students’ answers to be fixed answers. If students have their thinking mode and ask questions, many times they will be regarded as wrong answers. Teachers always expect students to think by inherent thinking. For example, when I was reviewing the English exam in the third year of high school, the teacher would sort and analyze the sample essays for the college entrance examination. And let us memorize those excellent model essays in China, and write an essay according to the excellent template can always get high marks. But for students, this way of learning is very boring. Although students can get high scores, they lack their thinking mode.

In general, students will encounter different behaviorism, cognitivism, and constructivism in their study life to help them learn. Different countries may be more inclined to different education methods, but these methods are not wrong. Learning different types of education at different times can enable students to learn knowledge.